You are cordially invited to the
This year’s event is on
Saturday, April 9, 2011
Promptly 3:00-5:00 pm
Felician College – Lodi Campus
Goya Dining Hall on lower level of Obal Hall
262 South Main Street, Lodi, NJ, 07644
We have QUITE a full program this year, and we hope that you will be able to join us.
Keynote Speaker: Sgt. Lynette Butler, William Paterson University and
Passaic County Task Force for Crisis Intervention Team (CIT) Training
This Year’s Event Theme: Branching Out. Consciousness Raising. Broadening Horizons. Changing Mindsets.
Remembrance Theme: We remember Jelani with an Italian theme, recalling particularly his Study Abroad experience in Italy (Italian Renaissance History and Italian Art) as well as his other world travels in his youth.
Honorees: The Translators of The Jelani Tree: Our own Mary Mallia of Felician College – Italian.
Caroline’s close associate, Sergio Salmeron – Spanish.
Our beloved exchange student, EunYoung Lee – Korean.
Our former Felician colleague, Sister Kefang Yang – Chinese.
Quote: “I just want to do good in the world.” – Jelani Manigault.
· Changing lives in South Korea, in teacher education program. (Dr. Margaret Gardineer’s former student, So Youn Lim.)
· Doing its healing work in China. Evangelizing lives. (Professor Manigault’s former student, Ivy )
· Our Gratitude Journals with a twist! -- kaiku – Lynn Bagley
· Our New Initiative – “The Appreciation of Life” – Carol Manigault
· New involvements, activities, alliances, connections. Mark your calendars for May 4th, to attend a JELANI Institute-sponsored presentation on Mental Health and Removing Stigma by CELINA GRAY, a member of the Governor’s task force on mental health and Director of the initiative to Remove Stigma. (E-mail Dr. George Abaunza at email@example.com for more information.)
· Please take note of research article on the www.jelani.org website by Felician College’s own Chair of Criminal Justice Department, Dr. Gina Robertiello. Article entitled “Crisis Intervention Teams: Worth More Than a Quick Look “ (Website created and maintained by Mathis Webs.)
Audience Participation: Open forum and brainstorming session (reminiscent of our VERY FIRST Day of Remembrance – 2004) Comments/Questions/Discussion: Topics (not limited to) – The Institute so far. Our mission. Where we’re going. Fundraising ideas.
Please consider becoming a Regular Donor to The JELANI Institute. We need your continued support. www.jelani.org. P.O. Box 254, Teaneck, NJ 07666.